We know that you can’t live on Type A alone… so here are a few of our favorite resources that we subscribe to, shop at, and believe in. We weren’t compensated for recommending these – we just like them.
- Alpha M – Aaron Marino of Alpha M is a voice worth listening to. His YouTube videos are hilarious, and his content is solid. Highly recommend following him.
- Real Men Real Style – Antonio Centeno takes a more educational approach to mens style. He’s also a former Marine which ups his level of badassery. I fell his approach compliments Alpha M’s well. Great site.
- Art of Manliness – Brett McKay has done an amazing job with his men’s lifestyle blog & podcast. AoM Provides relevant content and features great guests on their podcast. Well worth checking out.
- The Art of Charm – Another top podcast I subscribe to. Great guests with relevant content to implement immediately. This isn’t just a “get the girl” advice show – they provide great advice on business and men’s lifestyle. Check them out.
- The Londoner – My favorite blog. Rosie the Londoner isn’t just a style blog, travel blog or any one facet, it’s all. This lifestyle blog gives you ideas and inspiration for your next vacation, what to wear when you get there and where to dine! Also perfect if you need inspiration for new outfits for every changing season.
Score Killer Deals Online
- Gilt – An online flash-sale site that has some killer deals on great brands. For those with a bit more of a budget and want to save some dough – this is the site for you.
- NordstromRack | Hautelook – While they’re basically the same thing (both Nordstrom companies)… these two sites are great places to hunt for killer deals – Especially during “Clear the Rack” events at Nordstrom. The Rack is one of my favorite places to get great deals on shoes.
- J.Crew Factory – As far as factory outlets go, I’d say J.Crew is the best quality in my opinon. They have awesome sales which means quality clothing at affordable prices. Personally – I love their flannels in the fall. If you have an Outlet Mall near you… check them out in person, too.
- Ebay – Some are new, some are used.. but you can score some seriously good deals. Watch out, however. People will come in and out-bid you at the last second. I usually “watch” the item, the bid on it last second to keep from getting taken out. Make sure you look at seller feedback – you don’t want to get scammed with fake clothes/accessories. Oh, and when you see a Rolex at auction for $99 – it’s fake.
- 6pm.com – It’s a store online owned by Zappos (which isn’t bad either for that matter). I’ve gotten some good deals on running shoes, active wear, and more here. They carry several major brands – but remember that just because it’s a name brand, doesn’t mean it looks good.
- Indochino (For the Guys) – Custom, made-to-measure suits online. They have great fabrics, prices, and are of good quality. Gentlemen take note: a $399 suit that fits will look 100x better than a $2,000 Versace suit that doesn’t.
- Revolve- At first glance I had sticker shock looking at this site but then I learned the filters. You can filter by your price ranges and check out their sale section. Best part is I swear their delivery is better than Amazon. Free 2-day shipping that actually comes in 2 days! You can almost time it from exactly 48 hours from when you bought your purchase. Perfect for quick last minute outfit need.
Score Killer Deals In Person
- Marshalls/TJMaxx – Carries great brands at big discounts. Make sure to check the clearance. I’ve been shocked at what they have marked down. You need to be cool with hunting, however. Believe me, not everything there is stylish and a lot is downright cheap/ugly.
- H&M – Trendy clothes, but poor quality. HOWEVER – Aaron Marino of Alpha M recommended the polos he found there for $12.99! Seriously guys – I’ve checked them out and he’s absolutely right.
- Ross – Be ready to hunt. You similar to Marshalls/TJMaxx… but the finds are fewer and farther between. That said, I’ve spotted some killer deals on fragrances there (F-Black By Salvatore Ferragamo for $15.99!)
- DSW – Great deals at the discount rack on high quality shoes. This is a great store if you’re balling on a budget and need a solid foundation of must-have shoes.
- Kohls – some of their clearance items are ridiculous. I wouldn’t ever pay full-price for something there, but man… they have some killer deals at the clearance racks.
- Macy’s – Similar to Kohls in the fact that I’d rarely pay full-price for something there, but they often have great deals on clearance and frequent sales (Mike got a pair of Levi linen trousers for $15.99!).
- Nordstrom– Ok so maybe not technically on off-price store, that’s the Rack, but for that personal touch your can’t beat Nordstrom customer service. Also the store caters to all age groups with different price ranges. You are always going to need quality staples in your wardrobe. This is the place for that.